Need a destination meeting location near Seattle and Vancouver? We’re the perfect location for you!
Are you a meeting planner looking for a perfect location to host a small to medium sized group or a board retreat? If you haven’t considered La Conner before – you’re missing out on a perfect location that has everything you need … a variety of lodging options, meeting spaces and group-meal venues, plus fine dining, shopping and all sorts of outdoor recreational opportunities. Folks who attend meetings in La Conner inevitably are surprised by what we have to offer. “Who knew?” is a comment we hear very often, and one that makes us smile.
As one of Washington State’s most favorite destinations and only an hour’s drive from Seattle or two hours from Vancouver, BC (and only 15 minutes off of Interstate 5), La Conner’s location makes it easy to plan a one-day, overnight, or several-day retreat.
Quick Planning Facts:
- Known as one of Washington State’s most loved weekend getaways and often written up in Washington State travel magazines, La Conner’s community members and business community are well-versed in hosting small and medium-sized groups.
- La Conner offers 122 rooms of accommodations, all within walking distance of the heart of town – ranging from hotel rooms to B&B’s and private suites. Off-site lodging options are available within a 10-15 minute drive, including guest suites and additional B&B’s.
- Maple Hall, La Conner’s centrally-located meeting venue, is a beautiful modern facility that offers small meeting rooms or break-out rooms that will hold 20, 35 or 60, plus a large auditorium with 24’x24’ stage that can accommodate up to 275 people theater style and 300 for a reception. Maple Hall also includes a handsome lobby, a well-quipped commercial kitchen and an outdoor BBQ patio with stunning views of the Swinomish Channel and the famous Rainbow Bridge.
- Beyond Maple Hall, several local lodging establishments also have meeting spaces.
- Group activities are available through various local vendors, including boat tours, wine tastings, beer tastings, our annual Polo match and Shakespeare festival, glass-blowing, bird-watching tours, guided bike rides, historic tours, and Las Vegas-style gambling at the Swinomish Casino.
- La Conner is well-known throughout the Northwest for its arts community and has many galleries showcasing collections that range from fine art to fiber art and jewelry, and from wood, glass and bronze, to photography and cultural art.
- La Conner is also a delightful place to shop; our variety of specialty stores cater to out-of-town visitors. Our shopkeepers pride themselves on finding interesting and unique items that would never be found in the Mall.
- Dining options in La Conner are wonderful – many restaurants focus on using the freshest local ingredients by season and several of our chefs are available to cater events. La Conner restaurants have been highlighted in publications such as Sunset, the Seattle Times newspaper entertainment section, regional travel magazines, and mentioned on National Public Radio.
Ready to see what La Conner has to offer you and your group(s)? Start by talking to Marci Plank, Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce, who will help guide you in finding the right resources to help you plan and execute a fabulous event in La Conner.