A favorite event among locals – and Thanksgiving holiday visitors alike – is our annual Turkey Trot. What could be better than going for a run and/or walk first thing on Thanksgiving morning … so that you can justify indulging a little bit more over all the wonderful foods served for Thanksgiving dinner. We think this event is a brilliant idea – and so do our racers!
Bring your entire family and join us for this very fun race to support a great cause – this year’s proceeds will benefit the La Conner High School Track Team.
The date is always Thanksgiving day and the race starts at 8:00 a.m. You can register ahead of time (see below for registration forms – be sure to also send in the waiver) or you can register onsite between 7:00 and 7:45a.m. the morning of the race.
The race begins and ends at the La Conner Middle School; 305 N. 6th Street. It’s a 5 k race, with shorter course options for young children. Cost is $15 per racer or $40 per family.
The La Conner Chamber of Commerce hosts the Turkey Trot with proceeds benefiting the La Conner High School Track & Field Program helping supply student athletes with the equipment, implements, and opportunities to make them successful.
Would you like to be involved?
1. Sponsorship – For a generous donation your company can have their name and logo on the shirts, digital media, and printed material for run. The goal of sponsorship is to cover the overhead cost of the event so 100% of race registration goes to help the Track Team.
2. Donate a Prize – There is a raffle give away at the end of the race from everything from massages to pumpkin pies – an opportunity for good publicity or help out.
3. Help with Race Administration – Helping with set up on Wednesday Nov 23rd(afternoon for 3 hours) and or help with morning of registration and packet pick-up on Thanksgiving morning (Done by 10:30am)
4. Help promote the race on social media by ‘sharing’ and spread the word.
5. Sign-up and participate – We are hoping to have over 350 people this year!